We are committed to providing:
- A dedicated, experienced and fully qualified Supervising Social Worker who will be allocated to you to provide one-to-one tailored support.
- Access to practical, rapid support on a 24-hour basis, all year round from Kindercare Supervising Social Workers who know you.
- A generous financial package for each child in placement that helps support them, but also values you as part of the team.
- 14 days paid holiday, irrespective of whether you avail of respite or not. Kindercare expect that all children will go on holiday with their foster family, and respite is used only on a case by case basis, where necessary
- Phone calls and visits from your Supervising Social Worker as often as you need.
- We aim to give foster carers the tools they need to deal with challenging situations at any time of the day or night. One of the ways we do this is by training our foster carers in therapeutic parenting, which provides practical tools that are shown to make a difference. Each foster carer receives a personal training plan that included mentoring, face to face training and online courses
- Invites to local support groups that meet regularly for either a lunch or a workshop.
- A membership with The Fostering Network, offering specialised independent support.
- Birth children support, activities and fun days.
- Lots of fun and laughs at our social events.
- A fulfilling career that makes a difference to children’s lives.
The support that we provide to our carers has developed over a number of years and is based on what our carers tell us they need; each foster carer has a genuine voice and is a valued part of the agency. Our foster carers help to develop the services we provide which ensures we get it just right, and on the occasion we don’t; we listen to what we need to improve on.
We believe that children and young people who have to live away from their families deserve the best possible chance to live somewhere safe where they can come to terms with past difficulties, develop their self-esteem, enjoy good health, and be encouraged to learn new things.